Update Asterisk@Home with 1.20 Beta

I have a successfully running Asterisk PBX fully et up on a Fedora Core 4 machine.

I have configured it to my satisfaction. Now I have several questions:

The secretary needs to be able to see what is going on: obvious Asterisk@Home.

I hate asterisk@home for config because its too limited.

Now, I have asterisk 1.02 beta fully working., I want to install Asterisk@home, but it only comes wiht 1.9 included. Can I install *@Home, then install 1.02 over it, and that will work? or no?

[quote=“Computer Guru”]I have a successfully running Asterisk PBX fully et up on a Fedora Core 4 machine.

I have configured it to my satisfaction. Now I have several questions:

The secretary needs to be able to see what is going on: obvious Asterisk@Home.

I hate asterisk@home for config because its too limited.

Now, I have asterisk 1.02 beta fully working., I want to install Asterisk@home, but it only comes wiht 1.9 included. Can I install *@Home, then install 1.02 over it, and that will work? or no?[/quote]

Yes, I have done just that and it seems to work fine. I haven’t done extensive testing though. Just install AAH v1.5 and then follow the CVS Head install procedure on the digium website.
asterisk.org/download

OK, thanks… Cuz I need the GUI for who is calling and doing what so the secretary can watch… (AMP) but i have manually modified the conf files…

How have you done this???
I have tried severall times but I always end up with an error saying:
“Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)” [No it does not!!!] everytime I try to start asterisk -r.

I have installed a A@H 1.5 and done exactly as described at www.asterisk.org/download under the CVS install.
I have also tried installing a clean CentOS 3.5 and followed the same installation procedure but same error.

Any tips would be great.

Thanx,
Michael

You have to start asterisk as a daemon - with, probably:

asterisk

before running

asterisk -r

With the -r option, it will connect to a running asterisk daemon and attach a console. If asterisk isn’t already running, you’ll get the error message you’re reporting.

Wow…is it that simple :laughing:
I thought that asterisk -r was the start command but now it al makes sence… works

Thanx so much,
Michael

This service doesnt start automatically everytime the server is rebootet…
How can I do this???

Thanx,
Michael