Transfer without ANSWERing a call

Hi! I am trying to setup my Asterisk not to answer calls before transfering it to an extension. Is it possible?

The reason is, that when I place a call to my public VoIP number, the call starts to ring on my X-Lite, but I can’t hear any ring-tone, because the call is answered by Asterisk. And also, the calling party is billed for that call, that “is not answered”.

Is it possible to transfer an incomming call to some extension, but not answering the call? That extension will answer the call itself.

Turn sip debug on, unless you are specifying Answer() in your dialplan before the dial command I doubt that asterisk is actually answering the call.

[quote=“MaVac”]Hi! I am trying to setup my Asterisk not to answer calls before transfering it to an extension. Is it possible?

The reason is, that when I place a call to my public VoIP number, the call starts to ring on my X-Lite, but I can’t hear any ring-tone, because the call is answered by Asterisk. And also, the calling party is billed for that call, that “is not answered”.

Is it possible to transfer an incomming call to some extension, but not answering the call? That extension will ans

wer the call itself.[/quote]

HUH ?

That is the very basic function of Asterisk, unless wrong configured (post your extensions.conf).

The standard callflow for eg. number 555-55-55 is

Exten=>5555555,1,Dial(SIP/John)

Now Johns phone is ringing (John is logging his phone in via the [John] Context in SIP.conf)…and nothing is answered till he lifts the receiver.