To announce to groups of users

With the old analog PBX I had the opportunity to make announcements on a group of users without anyone get up the handset. I composed a code and spoke like a phone. With asterisk you can do such a thing?

The Page application can make multiple calls.

Having them auto-answered by the phone is a function of the phone. Most SIP phones can do this, if you enable it on the phone (it can be used to bug the room with the phone) and send the appropriate proprietary SIP header. Their are Asterisk applications for adding custom SIP headers, although they depend on the channel technology driver used.

Here’s the context I use to page. It works with all of the Cisco and Grandstream phones I’ve tested. Can’t speak for other phones.

It allows for paging groups *01 - *59 which are tied to devices in the database. I also have a flag in the database to state whether the page should be unidirectional or bidirectional. The ${int_data} is a list of devices to page, like this “SIP/61024&SIP/61025&SIP/61026”.

[intercom]
exten    => _*[0-5]X,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CHANNEL:4:5})
same    => n,Answer()

same    => n,Set(ARRAY(int_data,int_direction)=${ODBC_READSQL(SELECT int_data\, int_direction from extensions left outer join intercom on ext_intercom_group=int_id where int_dialed=\"${EXTEN}\" and ext_dialed='${CALLERID(num)}')})

same    => n,GotoIf($["${int_data}" = ""]?hangup)
same    => n,GotoIf($["${int_direction}" = "1"]?unidirectional)
same    => n,GotoIf($["${int_direction}" = "2"]?bidirectional)
same    => n(hangup),GoTo(h,1)

same    => n(unidirectional),SIPAddHeader(Call-Info:\;answer-after=0)
same    => n,Page(${int_data},i,30)
same    => n,Hangup()

same    => n(bidirectional),SIPAddHeader(Call-Info:\;answer-after=0)
same    => n,Page(${int_data},id,30)
same    => n,Hangup()

exten    => i,1,Hangup()
exten    => t,1,Hangup()
exten    => h,1,Hangup()