The best linux version to use asterisk

Hello.

Im so new in this software and would like to know from you, experts, an advice for me to begin using asterisk. I wonder what distro is the best for this app.

Thank you :smile:

There isnā€™t a best distro as it is a very personal choice. It is rumured that Digium employees develop on RedHat and/or Fedora. In fact the Business Edition is only ā€œcertifiedā€ to run on RHEL 3 or 4 and Fedora Core 3. Many people (including myself) run on CentOS 4. CentOS is almost an exact clone of RHEL 4 except for the branding which has to be removed and changed to CentOS. This way you get the stability of RHEL 4 without the cost.

Scott

iā€™ve asked this question, and got a mix of slackware and CentOS. currently we run fedora, but wanted to find more of a server level OS, as fedora seems to be more of a desktop-centric distro. debian and gentoo are also distros that iā€™ve heard are popular and are used at digium, but donā€™t quote me on that.

i would assume, based on RedHatā€™s popularity, that Cent would be a good choice. It is nearly identical to fedora in installation and setup, if that helps.

Pick whatever distro that you are most familar with using.

If youā€™ve never used Linux before take some time to try a few different distros or at least take some time to read about the differences between the distros, as each distro is quite unique.

Hereā€™s a good website for distro research.

distrowatch.com

Dan

there was similar question alredy:
forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php? ā€¦ ght=distro