TDM410P on Debian/sid

Hi Everyone,

I know the TDM410P is a discontinued product, but I am hopeful someone here can give me some advise on getting this product working properly with Asterisk.
My card has 2xFXO and 2xFXS modules, and I have got DAHDI compiled on Linux Mint. DAHDI_SCAN reports seeing a card, however it reports only 4xFXO modules.

This makes me think I may have a problem with the /etc/dahdi/system.conf or the /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters files?

I am based in the UK, on the standard British Telecom (OpenReach) network and need to set up 2 POTS lines on the card, and 2 station ports.

Could anyone please offer some examples of the config files I might need to get the card working properly on the Linux Mint (buster/sid release) distro? Once I can get it talking to Asterisk I am rocking, but I can’t get the thing talking properly to the OS at the moment.

As mentioned, I know this card is discontinued, but i hate killing off old hardware that would be a perfect solution to my requirements. Desperately hoping someone can offer advise.

Many Many thanks in advance, and a Happy New Year to you all,

Ian B

You might try rolling back to an older Linux kernel/distro and associated older DAHDI driver.

Even then sometimes cards report incorrect identifiers but work as you expect anyhow. But you might want to post your /etc/dahdi/… configs and /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf configs.

Also there’s security concerns with older software so please keep your firewalls current.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.