Scenario: RHEL4 + TDM01B + asterisk-1.4.17 + zaptel-1.4.8
-The output of ( ztcfg -vv ) is:
Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
1 channels to configure.
- ( zttool ) shows no alarms.
- When running ( ztmonitor 1 -v ) and dial the PSTN number connected to the FXO module, it detects the ringing.
- The configured port of the FXO module has a green LED ON all the time, except when I reload Zaptel, it turns off for a while then on when azptel is loaded. In couple of ebooks, it is mentioned that it should be red and turn to green when it is connected to the PSTN.
The problem i am facing, when i dial to the FXO (from outside to the FXO module) nothing happens. It is like i hear the ringing from the caller side, but asterisk doesn’t get the call, (asterisk -rvv shows nothing about the call while ztmonitor detects the ringing).
Zaptel.conf and Zapata.conf are configured as follow:
channel => 1
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us
Can anyone give me a hint?
Couldn’t figure it out … it seems to me that the problem is between Zaptel and Asterisk, thus, zapata.conf … I already did RTFM and googled around, still not able to make it running …
Can anyone direct me where to go and dig?
There will never be a red light on the card. The light is either green or not on. From the Asterisk CLI run the command “zap show channels”. If there are no channels listed, try recompiling Asterisk. Do a ‘make clean’, ‘make dist-clean’, ‘./configure’, ‘make install’. See if that resolves it.
Also if you call Digium support they can get this up and running for you.
Thanks for the reply …
hmmm … when I (asterisk -rvv) and run (zap show channels) I get :
No such command 'zap show’
Also in the (help), it doesn’t show anything that starts with “zap” … So:
- It is either that this command is not in the version I’m working on
- or this is an indication that there is something misconfigured and asterisk doesn’t recognize the card.
Just to make sure, should I have “zap” commands in asterisk console?
UPDATE: I did re-compiled both of Zaptel and Asterisk. Still getting the same problem. Zaptel seems to work (from the outputs of ztscan, zttool, ztmonitor and ztcfg). No (zap …) commands in Asterisk. zaptel and wctdm modules are loaded in addition to other modules.
When I start Zaptel, it loads the modules and at the end outputs this:
open error on /dev/zap/1: No such file or directory
Although when I (ls /dev/zap) I can see each of (1, 2, 3, 4, channel, ctl, pseudo and timer). And in (/dev/proc/1) :
Span 1: WCTDM/0 “Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1” (MASTER)
1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS
Help! Any idea?
Run ‘modprobe wctdm’ again and also ztcfg again. Until this is resolved, Asterisk won’t see the ports/channels.