TDM card post installatio issues

Hi there,

I have a asterisk 1.2.4 with tdm2400E card . i have configured the tdm card (zaptel.conf and zapata.conf) with the help from digium support. after i thought to make call from one of my ext. it said like unable to train the echo in channel 1 ( channel 1 connected to the pstn line).

After that i restarted the linux system. and thought of starting the asterisk … i got the following error and after asterisk exits…

i am really wondering how this can…

[chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf’: Found
Mar 8 11:56:29 WARNING[3911]: chan_zap.c:912 zt_open: Unable to open ‘/dev/zap/channel’: No such device
Mar 8 11:56:29 ERROR[3911]: chan_zap.c:6847 mkintf: Unable to open channel 1: No such device
here = 0, tmp->channel = 1, channel = 1
Mar 8 11:56:29 ERROR[3911]: chan_zap.c:10251 setup_zap: Unable to register channel '1-16’
Mar 8 11:56:29 WARNING[3911]: loader.c:414 __load_resource: chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
Mar 8 11:56:29 WARNING[3911]: loader.c:554 load_modules: Loading module chan_zap.so failed!
Ouch … error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

Please and help me to fix the same.

you need to rebuild and reinstall the zap drivers. in /usr/src, there’s a shell script (can’t remember the exact name) something like rebuild_ast.sh or somesuch. run that and it should rebuild&reinstall the drivers…

hi…

I did not find any such like that… please help me to fix the same… …

do i need to compile and install the zaptel alone again?

that should work i think…

hi ,

Can you let me know the location of the file name ? so that let me try

sorry, i’m at work right now, and don’t have access to my asterisk config. if you’re running AAH, there should be a file in /usr/src that rebuilds all of the asterisk/zaptel binaries.

ok .you mean to compile and reinstall zaptel again by using make clean and make install??

i think so, yes… and then do ‘amportal stop ; amportal start’.

hi,

i use asterisk1.2.4 … i am not using a@home.in that case … what do i do?

beats me. probably go to /usr/src/zaptel (or asterisk/zaptel?) and do a make and make install?

[quote=“rizwan”]hi,

i use asterisk1.2.4 … i am not using a@home.in that case … what do i do?[/quote]

Did you install the zaptel package at ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/zaptel-1.2.4.tar.gz ?

hi,

I have unloaded and reloaded the (zaptel and wctdm24xxp)
modules. after that it started working. and every time, if we do the changes in zaptel conf file… we need to do the same…