Asterisk unable to open channel 1 on my new TDM11B

I am a newbie. I have played with Asterisk in my limited spare time for the past couple of weeks. I just got my new TDM11B card yesterday. I configured it using the default setup from Digium’s ‘Basic Configurations and Examples’.

Asterisk fails on startup with the following warnings and erros:
WARNING[8048]: chan_zap.c:771 zt_open: Unable to specify channel 1: No such device
ERROR[8048]: chan_zap.c:6208 mkintf: Unable to open channel 1: No such device here = 0, tmp->channel = 1, channel = 1

I want to know if the card is broken or if I have a configuration problem or some other newbie mistake.

I noticed on power up, but before the zaptel modules are loaded, that the green LED for my FX0 port comes on. But the FXS ports LED has never lit up.

Here are the loaded zaptel modues from lsmod:
wcfxo 13216 0
wcfxs 37152 0
zaptel 225156 2 wcfxo,wcfxs

And ztcfg -vv displays:
Zaptel Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configure

If I comment out the channel 1 portion of my zapata.conf file, Asterisk starts fine and the FXO port works.

I have not done much hardware troubleshooting yet. The power cable is plugged in, but I have not verified there is voltage on all the pins. I have not yet moved or reseated the FXS module.

wcfxs and wcfxo are not the right modules for a tdm card, look in your zaptel directory for the right one. ( i dont know it by head).

Please send your zaapta.conf and zaptel.conf files.

Thanks for the information. It showed me things are changing and perhaps my FXS module is too new for the old drivers. When I tested the card Thursday, the Digium web page said to load the wctdm module or if you are using old drivers, use the wcfxs and wcfxo modules. Well I was using the newest stable version which was 1.0.7 which does not produce a wctdm module. I suspect the wctdm module is part of the 1.0.8 driver set which may have just been released. Today there is no mention of the old drivers on that same page I visited last Thursday. The web site just mentions the new wctdm one.

[quote=“parcina”][quote=“lpark”]
I want to know if the card is broken or if I have a configuration problem or some other newbie mistake.
[/quote]

Please send your zaapta.conf and zaptel.conf files.[/quote]

With the comments stripped out, zaptel.conf looks like this:
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
fxoks=1
fxsks=4

An here is the zaapata.conf file:
[trunkgroups]
[channels]
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
callerid=Amey and Lloyd <(330) 650-6999>
signalling=fxo_ks
group=1
channel => 1
context=default
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=2
context=incoming
channel=> 4

Your conf files seams OK. When you power up your computer you need to do this:
modprobe zaptel
modprobe wcfxs
/sbin/ztcfg -vv
/usr/sbin/asterisk -cvvv

That should work.

Tomislav

I fixed it. I needed to use newer Zaptel drivers from CVS. I suspect my hardware being brand new, required a change to the module code.