Strange Meetme problem

I’m having a problem with dmtf tones (I think) when Meetme picks up outside calls for a conference. The conference works fine inside the network on our Polycom 501 phones but if I call in on my cell phone it connects but can’t figure out the dtmf tones to add it to the conference call.

My config’s are:

Extensions()

[default]
exten => 279,1,Ringing
exten => 279,2,Wait(3)
exten => 279,3,Meetme(,cMDs)
exten => 279,4,Hangup()

Sip()

[general]
context=default
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
autocreatepeer=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
;
[279]
type=friend
insecure=yes
host=10.0.10.12
ipaddr=10.0.10.12
dtmfmode=auto
rfc2833compensate=yes
allowguest=yes
allowoverlap=yes
trustpid=yes

I do have meetme.conf setup but I’m not using it since I’m dynamically creating the rooms. Dahdi_dummy works I can start and stop it without errors and I can start and stop asterisk without errors.

When I check the asterisk CLI with verbose 999 I do not get any errors when calling in on my cell phone it just can’t understand the dtmf tones.

• Brad

I’ve partially fixed it but I’m not sure why. I changed my Extensions.conf to this:

[default]
exten => 279,1,Ringing
exten => 279,2,Wait(3)
exten => 279,3,Meetme($(EXTEN),cMDs)
exten => 279,4,Hangup()

That allows outside callers to call into the conference but it now does not allow them to dynamically create conference rooms it just asks them to put in the pin number and drops them into the pre-made room (100).

• Brad

The problem is fixed I added the “i” switch and it all magically started working correctly again.

exten => 279,1,Answer()
exten => 279,n,MeetMe(,iMDs)
exten => 279,n,Hangup()

• Brad