Stop Recording a Meetme

Currently I am able to start recording a meetme by refering one (or more) of the participants to a Meetme(nr|dqr).

However, I also want to be able to stop recording while the meeting is still in progress.

By testing I noticed that even when all persons that logged in using the -r option left, the recording still continued for those left over in the Meetme.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

If you have some form of programming interface(Perl, PHP, Python…) you could do what we do and start and stop Meetme recordings through the manager interface:

Use the manager API to send a call from the meetme room to an extension that does Monitor for a specified period of time. That is how we do it in the astGUIclient suite and it works great.

; extensions.conf entry:
; this is used for recording conference calls, the client app sends the
filename value as a callerID, recordings go to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
exten => 8309,1,Answer
exten => 8309,2,Monitor(wav,${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 8309,3,Wait,3600
exten => 8309,4,Hangup

Manager Command:
Action: Originate
Channel: Local/68600012@default
Context: default
Extension: 8309
Priority: 1
CallerID: FilenameGoesHere1234

Then we track the call placed and Hangup that call when conference is over. All you need to do is either have a function that hangs up those recording channels(Local/68600012@default-XXXX) if they are the only one in the conference(perl script running periodically parsing “Show Channels”) Or you could link a button on an app or web page to a function that would hangup the channels that are connected to a specific meetme room.

It’s not the easiest thing to program, but it always works and it is the only reliable way that Asterisk lets you record conferences on-the-fly. Our company has done hundreds of thousands of recordings this way over the last 2 years.

MATT—

I understand the solution, and this is what I have already implemented in some cases. However, I wish to record the entire meeting in one file. When you use Monitor, it wil record each part of the conversation in a seperate file (or am I wrong in this?).

Your solution is good, but not exactly what I’m looking for.

The way we do it the entire conversation is recorded to a single file. And all of the audio goes into the -in file so there is not even any need for mixing. It did take us a while to figure out that this was the only way of doing recordings in meetme that would work for all of our uses, but It has been working for us now for over 2 years and for our purposes is the most efficient and reliable way of doing it.