Start recording while a call is in progress

Is there a way to start recording a call while a call is in progress? For instance if I were to press a certain key combination, and a sound file will play for both callers announcing the call is now being recorded. Then the remainder of the call will be recorded to a wav/gsm file. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Borghard

Hi

Its called automon and default is *1 to activate. Its been in * since 1.2

to play a message you will need to be clever and create a actionmap to play the file and then record. see the wiki and docs for more info

Ian

Ian,

I got automon working. What is an actionmap? I can’t find any docs on it. Is that like a macro? Thanks for the help.

Peter

Ops typo on my part. Its applicationmap details are at voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … tures.conf

Ian

Ian,

I got it working so far. One question to you, maybe you’ll know before I create a new post. Under features I created new application map.

[applicationmap]
Set(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=myfeature1#myfeature2#myfeature3#testfeature#testfeature1)
testfeature1 => #9,caller,Playback,boom

I was playing around with both caller/callee options. I also saw a few posts that say you can use ‘both’/‘peer’ or ‘self’. What I’m trying to accomplish(unsuccessfully) is for both the caller and the callee to hear the sound played. Let me know your thoughts if you have any.

Thanks,

Peter Borghard