Listening for entries while recording

hi all…

i have managed to record a call originated from asterisk to a 3d party using MixMonitor.
how do i set it up so that asterisk listens for keypad commands issued by either side while talking? i assume it is possible since the machine is recording it…

can somebody point me in the right direction - an example will be most appreciated…

thanks a lot…

using [applicationmap] in features.conf might be the way to look, but you’re limited in what you can do, and who can initiate it.

what do you need Asterisk to do ?

ideally the asterisk will monitor for this: at the early stages of the call the party that originated the call via asterisk will press a key to play a prompt asking the 3d party to confirm that it approves for the call to be recorded using a keypad and that’s when the recording actually starts… and lasts until hang up or explicitly stopped by another keypad entry from either side…

possible?

yes. use application map to define an app that plays the sound file to the callee. they press 1 (for example) to acknowledge the recording, which has also been defined as the automon feature code.

as long as the dialstring contains ‘Tt’ as options, then either side can start or stop recordings using that code.

[quote=“baconbuttie”]yes. as long as the dialstring contains ‘Tt’ as options, then either side can start or stop recordings using that code.[/quote]really appreciate the info… is there an exmple somewhere on how to do that?

thanks again…

yes, use the key words ‘dial’, ‘applicationmap’, ‘features’conf’ and ‘automon’ and search the wiki at voip-info.org/

thank you…