Spy on a call between an agent and a client without the monitor having an extension

Hello community, I’m a newbie on asterisk, I’ve been developing a monitoring application for a few months now and I’d like to know if it’s possible to spy in on a call between an agent and a client without the monitor having an extension. My question may be ridiculous, but I’d be delighted if you could illuminate my confusion. I’m also a FullStack developer, so I have no problem using ARI, AMI or AGI…thanks!

What does “having an extension” mean?

hello @jcolp, have a user post number like pjsip/5664654 configure on any softphone

Okay, that would be an endpoint. ARI provides the ability to spy on a channel using snoop[1] and then you can send that audio elsewhere if you want[2]. All up to you to build, and how that gets to whomever wants to spy is on you. Or you could use AMI with a Local channel to ChanSpy, that then calls a UnicastRTP channel to ship the audio outside of Asterisk, I don’t have links for those.

[1] Channels - Asterisk Documentation
[2] Channels - Asterisk Documentation

1 Like

ok thanks for all the help, I’m going to read the documentation right now and report back here if anything changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.