Solution for dialtone delay

i see - please check this thread where on last 2-3 posts we discussed about looking to billsec field and not duration when we have answeronpolarityswitch=no.

it is usefull for you or not?

I mean - please modify call-log.php file (under /var/www/html/admin/ directory) to display billsec field as well as the duration and you will be back in business.

HTH,
Ioan

Yes i got that point. Honestly there is a small issue is if i set answeronpolarityswitch=no. Because the calls are generating from third party and those calls are terminating thru my server to pstn. So both of us have to maintain separate billing records. So when the call get answer i have to send the correct answer message thru sip to that asterisk server. So if i set answeronpolarityswitch=no that guy cant bill to thr customers correctly.
I think you got my point. So i cant set answeronpolarityswitch=no. Because He also need correct answer signal thru sip.

What can we do ?

well - in this case you have to insert one or more “w” in your dialed number, taking into consideration that a “w” is 0.5 sec of pause.

Like Dial(ww0722334455,20)

PSTN is not a good idea to be used for termination but probably you could not use a PRI trunk.

HTH,
Ioan.

hi,

Thx for the repply. Sorry I didn’t get what you tell. Where should i put W. In this macro or normal dial plan ?

yes i can’t get a PRI link. Its too much cost and i have to spend a big rent. At the moment i cant handle that much of expenses. In near feature i have a plan to buy a PRI link.

forget about that macro example.

please use:

exten => _87X.,1,Set(DIALOUTANALOG=DAHDI/32)
exten => _87X.,n,Dial(${DIALOUTANALOG}/ww${EXTEN:2},20)

Hi,

Is that meaning it just delay the call by 1 second. Problem in my case it varies the dialtone delay from 2 sec to 10 seconds.

please use more “w” or use a PRI line - how on earth do you think is possible to detect the dialtone without answering the line?

Hi ioan,

Sorry if i’m asking a stupid question. I’m asking this question just for my knowledge base. As i understand answeronpolarityswitch=yes is just a parameter to detect line reversal and recognize it as answer. But still i cant understand what is the relationship between answeronpolarityswitch and this macro. But can’t asterisk just hangup and detect the dial tone without getting answer signal?