Sip show registry not working?

I finally got my Asterisk 1.0.7 server up and running with 2 SIP hardphones.

The fundamental problem that I had to get started was the inconsistencies in the documentation that is available.

Anyway, I noticed that there are some commands that don’t seem to be working at all.

For example:

“sip show registry” displays nothing

Is this my problem only? Other people having it?

TIA,

-RFH

Should it show anything? Is your asterisk server registered with any SIP services?

What about sip show peers ? Does that show what it’s supposed to?

I’ve never had a problem with sip show registry not working in 1.0.7 - or any other command (although i haven’t used the release version of 1.0.7 for a few months now).

[quote=“WillKemp”]Should it show anything? Is your asterisk server registered with any SIP services?

What about sip show peers ? Does that show what it’s supposed to?

I’ve never had a problem with sip show registry not working in 1.0.7 - or any other command (although i haven’t used the release version of 1.0.7 for a few months now).[/quote]

Are you saying that “sip show registry” is used to keep track of the places where I am registered as a client? I am not registered as a client with anyone. My two SIP phones are registered into Asterisk as a SIP server.

On the other question, “sip show peers” works perfectly.

What version are you running?

-Ramon

Yeah. In that case, i wouldn’t expect sip show registry to show anything. My BudgeTone doesn’t come up, only the three sip services i’m registered with.

I’m running 1.2-beta1 CVS. The above behaviour was the same with 1.0.7.

[quote=“WillKemp”]Yeah. In that case, i wouldn’t expect sip show registry to show anything. My BudgeTone doesn’t come up, only the three sip services i’m registered with.
[/quote]

It would be very nice if the developers added these commands:

sip show client registry

and

sip show server registry

-RFH

Maybe, but it’s not really necessary as sip show peers and sip show registry do what you want. I guess it’s just the terminology you don’t like!

But when you consider that “expiry” is spelt “expirey” in sip.conf, you can’t really hold out much hope for better terminology! :wink:

[quote=“WillKemp”]Maybe, but it’s not really necessary as sip show peers and sip show registry do what you want. I guess it’s just the terminology you don’t like!

But when you consider that “expiry” is spelt “expirey” in sip.conf, you can’t really hold out much hope for better terminology! :wink:[/quote]

I just discovered the best command to see who’s registered and who’s not, with pertinent details:

database show

-RFH