SIP Hardphone?

OK, if I want to use SIP, do I just get any hardphone that is compatible with SIP and the codec I will be using, and plug it in?

Anyone know any good AND cheap sip hardphone companies? Softphones aren’t good for a company.

i actually quite like the grandstream budgetone 100 range … cheap as chips. the 200 is not bad either, although there have been some firmware issues.

other faves here are Cisco (!), Polycom and Snom … prices differ greatly.

I think you mean 2000 not 200? grandstream.com/y-bt100.htm

anyway, does it support G729?

yes, i do mean the 2000 … and wow, i followed the link you posted and it says it does. thanks !

Has it an advantage to use a IAX phone with asterisk instead of a SIP phone?
What i found about the 2000 series, that it is a SIP and not IAX phone.

the advantages of IAX over SIP depend on your setup don’t they ?

mark spencers comments from last year …
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-July/053283.html

personally i run SIP as i have the bandwidth to do it and the VPN connectivity to not worry about traversing a NAT.

[quote=“Computer Guru”]OK, if I want to use SIP, do I just get any hardphone that is compatible with SIP and the codec I will be using, and plug it in?

Anyone know any good AND cheap sip hardphone companies? Softphones aren’t good for a company.[/quote]

If you looking for a good cheap VOIP look for one of the PA1688 based phones. They have functions such as phonebook for 100 users and buttons for missed calls / answered calls. there is also a windows admin tool which allows you to administer each phone and upload/save configs

Price wise they are usually cheaper than the grandstream, some of them are pig ugly some look great.

Work in H323/ SIP and IAX2 mode

If you have any questions on finding em contact me offline