Sip.conf ou users.conf

Hello!

I’m Brazilian, so sorry my english…

I’m new to Asterisk and reading many tutorials on how to configure internet and always find myself with staff using the sip.conf file to make the extension configuration.
The detail is that Asterisk has a users.conf file.
What is the difference between them? For really serve 2?

Another detail, I have the option type = peer configured tab [General] of sip.conf.

If I leave her alone in the [General] tab, without putting extension by extension, do not run.
The following error occurs:
[Jun 10 11:56:29] WARNING [2389]: chan_sip.c: 32468 reload_config: Section '8013 'lacks type

But if I use users.conf file and put the same option type = peer configured tab [General], I do not need to put extension per extension.

I also realized that the options unset the [general] of the users.conf override the sip.conf.

Al is my doubt if alguám able to explain in their own words would be better.

I’m currently setting the version 12.3 of AsteriskNow.

Thank you!

Howdy,

Users.conf was written to help drive the old asterisk-gui project, which is no longer supported.

You really, really shouldn’t use users.conf

Got it.
Thanks for the reply.

Did not understand a thing.
If I put a parameter in the [General], would not have to be standard for all extensions?

For example, the “type = peer” parameter, if I put on [General], I do not need to put inside the extension, extension to extension.

If I do not put the parameter within the station the following error occurs:
[Jun 10 11:56:29] WARNING [2389]: chan_sip.c: 32468 reload_config: Section '8013 'lacks type

Do you understand?

I understand. That’s not how you want to operate in chan_sip. Instead, if you want something to apply to lots of endpoints, use templates.

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … +Templates

That’s what I’m looking for.

I’ll test here, after I post the result.

Thanks for the support!

No problem :smile:

It worked.

Thank you very much!