SIP calls not received

Thought I new how to get asterisk up and running pretty well…
But this time I run into something tricky.

Asterisk (ver 1.6.0.26) is up and running and my dialplan is set up to receive SIP calls.
The message log shows everything is fine
"*CLI> dialplan show" looks good
I can see that asterisk is listening for UDP on 5060 (netstat)
I can see “INVITE” coming in (tcpdump, UDP) when doing a testcall.

But … nothing happens … no reaction, logging or anything in asterisk. I have sip and core debug on.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
If there would be an error in the dialplan I guess I would see some logging anyway when a call comes in or …?

Thanks
/Dan

Set ‘sip set debug on’ and have a look if SIP packets reach Asterisk. If not, you most certainly have iptables enabled and droping packets before it reaches asterisk.

Have you defined the peer in sip.conf ? If allowguest=no, by default all SIP packets coming from the remote peer will be silently ignored.

Regards

[quote=“constantinp”]Set ‘sip set debug on’ and have a look if SIP packets reach Asterisk. If not, you most certainly have iptables enabled and droping packets before it reaches asterisk.

Have you defined the peer in sip.conf ? If allowguest=no, by default all SIP packets coming from the remote peer will be silently ignored.

Regards[/quote]

Thanks!
Have done all that, I see SIP packages reaching asterisk, iptables is off, allowguest is default yes

Starting to think the problem is that this machine is multihomed (2 NIC:s).
One NIC for LAN and one for the SIP traffic.

But my sip.conf is simply:
[general]
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
nat = never
context = incoming

A have tried bindaddr =

Ok, now I know what the problem is.
I removed one NIC so the machine just has one IP-address. Everything works fine.
The problem is having two nics:
eth0-> 12.12.12.12
eth1 -> 13.13.13.13
Just the network on eth1 is relevant for my asterisk.

Here is how I would think a sip.conf should look like:

[general]
bindaddr = 13.13.13.13
nat = never

But this does not work. What am I missing?

Anyone has this setup?
Two NIC:s, no NAT …?

/Dan

Found the problem. Obvious of course when you know.
The routing on the server has to be correct otherwise asterisk does not log anything even though traffic comes in.

/Dan