Simple call forward - user controlled

Hi Guys

I’m running Asterisk v1.8.28.0 - it is a “PBX In A Flash” system (FreePBX Version 12.0.76.6) and I want to set up a simple call forwarding system.

The deployment is small - just one trunk with 2 DIDs. Calls come in and are routed directly to a ring group which has two members as extensions.

What I want is for any user in the office (total of 4 extensions) to be able to pick up their number, dial a feature code THEN enter the number they want to forward to and hang up.

Disabling the call forwarder would be accomplished by dialing another feature code.

The idea is to give users control over when/who to forward the call to, so that we can forward calls to the on-call person on rotation that night when the last staff leaves the office.

I have had a look in the “pbx in a flash” web GUI but I can’t find this functionality there. Any help appreciated.

I made something similar a few moths ago, you will need to edit [app-cf-on] context, those changes need to be done extensions_override_freepbx.conf file and alter the ASTDB key value holding the call foward.

Here is my code I hope it help you

1 Like

@ambiorixg12 - this looks like exactly what I need. To ‘install’, do I simply just place that file at

/etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf

And that’s it?

you need also to create the php file that it is in there and make sure you assign the proper permissions

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.