Setting up freepbx with a spectrum modem

Hi Guys,
I have a spectrum modem with 4 analougue phone lines. (Spectrum Voice)
I was wondering if it is possible to setup the modem to connect to FreePBX (like a trunk) so it can work with VOIP Phones?
I am completely new to this and am not a phone person, but I would like to learn and am very interested in this community.
Can I be guided to what will be needed, I have a computer on which there is a fresh install of FreePBX.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

This is not a FreePBX forum so you may not find too much help with FreePBX specifics.

You could buy a 4 line analog card and just ‘patch cord’ between your Asterisk server and the modem, but I suspect that’s not what you want.

I suspect you will find no assistance from Spectrum in figuring out how to fiddle with their box beyond plugging in a POTS phone.

If you have the skills and inclination to build and manage an Asterisk server and have VOIP phones why are you interested in using Spectrum’s voice service?

For my needs, paying US$1.50 a month to rent a DID and US$0.015 a minute beats US$10 a month for bundled services. (I talk way less than 9.4 hours a month.)

Plus, once you are in control, you can add DIDs from around the world if you want to look like a big-shot company or you have relatives in far away places.

Absolutely appreciate the response.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
I would essentially like to do it with a SIP provider, however, there are a lot of calls made for long periods. I have voice pulse at home and pay around $110\Month total (Yes, that’s a lot of calls, but phone it is pertinent to our work). Spectrum is bundling the Phone with Internet and we pay a total of $139 for both.
Thank you .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.