Sending a number to a context starting with a "+"

I have a soft client that sends numbers in the form of

For example it will remove any users international dial code and add a “+” instead.

My problem is that when I sent it to a context I keep on getting

SIP/2.0 488 Not acceptable here
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP;received=;rport=24191
From: “joe bloggs”;tag=0283fae85e1e4d458e3a0c79c52fd0e6;epid=0e8bed6910
Call-ID: afccd34b3a7146c0bafe00c27b3cf953@
User-Agent: Asterisk PBX

I have tried different things in the extension.conf context



With no luck.

Any suggestions - I just want to be able to find the patten in the context then strip the “+” and pass onto my ITSP.

Using asterisk @ home verion 1.5 and also will have a 2.4 ready tommorrow.



I’m only a *Beginner, I’ve had a look at the pattern syntax for Asterisk here ->

So I’d have a go at making the pattern

Make sure that you get the correct number of X’s there or perhaps for a quick test use the wild card


That would allow you to see if it matches the “+” char. If it works get rid of the wild card ASAP and put in a proper pattern.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.


PS I’ve just had another thought that it may be the outgoing channel might not like the + syntax
I’d try something like

Change things which don’t apply like your outbound channel.

(PPS - I have no idea whether this will work.)