SayNumber Limit 9999

Hi,

I am trying to make Asterisk say a number over 9999. Like 105343 for example.

But Asterisk doesn’t say any number over 9999, if you use the SayNumber function Asterisk will limit it to “Nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine”.

How can I make Asterisk say numbers over 9999?

I’m using Asterisk 1.2 with Red Hat Enterprise 4.

Thanks

do you need it to say a “number”, or will SayDigits() suffice ?

I need it to say a number, not the digits

i just had my Asterisk server use SayDigits to say that number (105343) … no problem at all. what version you using ?

I worked in a big company where the extensions had 5 numbers and never heard anybody referring to an extension like 44349 like forty four thousand three hundred and forty nine but always like four four three four nine.

I’m using Asterisk 1.2.

The idea is to read a number from a database, but those numbers are bigger than 9999.

This number is a balance of an account, so I can’t use digits.

And decimal and centimes too? Well, if you’re a C programmer, it’s all in main/say.c

I accidentally had my 1.2.10 box say 10-digit phone numbers as number when I began to play with Asterisk. No problem there. Is there any error message when you try to say large numbers?

1.2 has a long range of subversions. (0-16). I also learned of some subtler problems that only occur on a certain Linux build.

I’m looking at say.c in version 1.4.1 and the maximum number is 1,000,000,000. In the 1.2 svn branche it’s the same.

Thanks I’m going to check that. I better upgrade to version 1.4.1