Say Digits with Female sound

Hi All,

Can you please advise if possible to update SayDigits( digits ) to use female sound?

Please advise what sohuld be the syntax for that and if there are any special configurations to be updated?

You need to replace the audio with alternative files, sourcing a female speaker on your own.
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/{language}/digits

thanks for your response.

Currently i have only files with Male sound.

From your answer i understand that i need to replace the files with Female sound which i will prepare by myself.

My next question is - what should be done in order that i will have the capability that for one customer i will have female sound and another customer will have make sound?

The original (American) English sounds were femaile.

You would need to define two different languages one for your language with a male speaker and one for it iwth a female speaker, and set the language codes, accordingly.

1 Like

Hi All,

I prepared the tone files of each digit (0-9) in wav format.
The file are located under :slight_smile:
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/he-f/digits/0.wav
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/he-f/digits/1.wav
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/he-f/digits/2.wav

Under the relevant conf file i tried to update the language to he-f as follows:
exten => _X.,n,Set(LANGUAGE=he-f)
exten => _X.,n,Verbose(The Language Selected is ${LANGUAGE})

after that i am trying to call say digits as follows BUT the tone is still with the Male tone:

exten => _X.,n,SayDigits(${userID})

Please advise if so far the steps are correct in order to update the played tone in female sound if not please advise what should be changed?

Is your system configured for wav support?

By default, the system will fall back to supported audio file formats.

Do see wav files in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/{default}/digits?

did you create your language in say.conf?

Are the wave files 8kHz, mono, 16 bit, signed linear?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.