Change the sound file for digits to another languange

Hi,

I’m using Asterisk 13.17.0 and I’m setting some sound files in the queues.conf file to use the ones for another language (en_AU) like this:

queue-youarenext=en_AU/queue-youarenext
queue-thankyou=en_AU/queue-thankyou
queue-thereare=en_AU/queue-thereare
queue-callswaiting=en_AU/queue-callswaiting

This works fine but when I try to do the same for the digits used to specify the position in the queue, I do it this way:

digits/2=en_AU/digits/2
digits/3=en_AU/digits/3
digits/4=en_AU/digits/4
digits/5=en_AU/digits/5

and get the following error when trying to reload the configuration:

[Mar 8 12:35:08] WARNING[19644]: app_queue.c:3171 queue_set_param: Unknown keyword in queue ‘support’: digits/2 at line 606 of queues.conf
[Mar 8 12:35:08] WARNING[19644]: app_queue.c:3171 queue_set_param: Unknown keyword in queue ‘support’: digits/3 at line 607 of queues.conf
[Mar 8 12:35:08] WARNING[19644]: app_queue.c:3171 queue_set_param: Unknown keyword in queue ‘support’: digits/4 at line 608 of queues.conf
[Mar 8 12:35:08] WARNING[19644]: app_queue.c:3171 queue_set_param: Unknown keyword in queue ‘support’: digits/5 at line 609 of queues.conf

I found another solution in another post:

but I’d rather avoid using symlinks when possible. Does anyone know how I can make this work?

Thanks,

Hi.

In my opinion you should use variable ${CHANNEL(language)} in your dialplan to set language for caller. Then in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds you have to have directory with language code. What I mean?

If you set

same => n,Set(CHANNEL(language)=PL)

then you have to have directory PL in your asterisks sound directory, like this: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/PL with subdirectory with name ‘digits’ and audio files from 0 to 9 for spaeking position in your queue.

I have hope you could understand me :slight_smile:

thanks for the response. I can try that.

As a matter of fact, I need all sound files to use the en_AU language so is there a global setting (maybe in asterisk.conf) to set the language of the whole system so that it will use /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_AU directory every time (except for custom sounds)?

I have never changed this but you can try changing defaultlanguage = en in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf and see if it works for you

–Satish Barot

1 Like

changing the setting in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help