Run gosub on queue announcement?

Hi,

I’m currently evaluating Asterisk so I am setting up a simple queue to try and learn how to work with Asterisk and how much work it is to implement some features that we currently have.

Is it possible to trigger a gosub or something similar when a queue announcement is made, or at regular intervals until the call is connected to a queue member?
In our current system queues emit events that we can act upon. In this specific case we need to send a SIP message (out-of-dialog) at regular intervals for each caller waiting in a queue. The address that this message should be sent to comes from a header in the invite. The announcement seemed like a good place since it should have information about the caller and the status of that caller in the queue but it doesn’t seem like it’s possible to register anything to happen when an announcement goes out.

Is there any way to do something like this?

Not within app_queue itself, no. There is no such functionality. You maybe could listen to AMI outside of Asterisk for the events and do things based on that.

Thanks for the quick response!
I can’t find any events that seem relevant so I think I’ll shelve this under “not supported out of the box” and move on.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.