When a client calls in, their caller ID displays on the reception phone LCD, the receptionist then answers the call… right pretty simple stuff.
Then she transfers the call to a staff member and the LCD displays the receptionist caller ID on the staff members phone LCD. This makes no sense!
The receptionist is not using “attended” transfer (i can understand that this would display the reception caller id… since she is actually calling the staff member). Its simple, the lady answers the call… presses the “Transfer” key on phone… she then presses the number of the staff members extension … then OK.
This has got to be about thee most basic, basic, basic feature of ANY PBX in the world… why can’t Asterisk keep the Caller ID of the original call that the receptionist answered. The CDR’s are even correct. Bother lines in the CDR show the original callers Caller ID.
I tried using “f” in the dial command… nope. I tried “o” in the Dial command… nope. I tried sendrpid=pai in the sip.conf… nope.
The closest I got was under some condition - cant remember now - i got an error saying something about extension XXX not supporting “UPDATE”. I take it Asterisk was sending an update for the caller ID… donno wasn’t tracing at the time.
Yealink and Gigaset Phones.