Resuming call on hold with another extension

Question 1

I would like to know how do you configure to resume a call on hold by another extension using a different extension.

If user answers the line, put on hold, and user 1 wants to answer it.

Question 2

Also, a question about queing: what happens if you don’t put any static or dynamic agents: does it mean the caller will be put on queue, but there is no way for user 1 and user 2 to know someone is queing/or no way for any user to pick up the call?

Question 3

What is the difference between skip busy agents (in queing) = yes vs yes + ringinuse = no ?
Please explain me by giving me an example, I read the info, but understood nothing…

Question 4

What is to auto-pause feature in queue?
Please explain me by giving me an example when we usually uses that features…

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … ll+parking

svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trun … onf.sample

Thanks!

[quote]This can be controlled on a per member basis by
; setting ‘ringinuse’ on that member. This can be done in the member definition,
; in the ‘ringinuse’ field on a realtime member, via the QUEUE_MEMBER dialplan
; function, or with CLI/AMI. By default, the per member value will be the same
; as the queue’s ringinuse value if it isn’t set on the member deliberately.
; (Note: only the SIP channel driver currently is able to report ‘in use’.)
; ringinuse = no[/quote]

I am not sure to understand this as my english is no good.

translate.google.com/

Ok my english is not that good, but it isn’t that terrible.

Obviously google translate couldn’t translate this!

This can be controlled on a per member basis, what is a per member basis? an admin?

One quick question do you know what is a member on a queue ?

yeah, it means someone trying to call, and if all lines are busy, he will be waiting on hold. that someone is a member on a queue, right?

You are wrong… Please read this document

asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edit … 89508.html

[quote=“ambiorixg12”]You are wrong… Please read this document

asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edit … 89508.html[/quote]

I am reading it now. I am not really a CLI user, never done it and don’t know how. I only watched youtube videos about configuratin using the 192.168.1.1 interface. Are all documents from Asterisk in CLI support?

Asterisk is based on CLI, but there are some GUI tools, Like FreePBX and Elastix , But you wont get any support for those products on this forum…

thanks for letting me now! I should have known earlier… spent days to get my configuration setup up, only missing 2 things: queue, system as punch lock :frowning:

[quote=“ambiorixg12”]http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+call+parking

svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trun … onf.sample[/quote]

For the first one, I played with it for 3 hours, I discovered a lot of things, but still wasn’t able to achieve my goal.

I meant “Ability to pickup held calls that are on hold on another extension”. Is it possible with Asterix?

Call parking needs me to dial *2

The first problem is that you haven’t defined what you mean by held. If they are SIP calls held by a SIP phone, there is no way of picking them up. The answers you have received assume one way of using Asterisk to effectively hold them.

I see…

Actually, I planned to install this PBX in a computer, and get a voip provider (not sure to ask for sip trunk or other plans).

Then either using 2 IP phones, or 2 phones with ATA adapter.

When I meant to put on hold, it is putting on hold by pressing the hold button on the physical phone/or IP phone. And resuming with another phone.

That is unlikely to work, as the hold is within the phone itself, not within Asterisk (although Asterisk should be aware of it).

If you do a normal Asterisk transfer or you use the Bridge application to pick up the held line, I don’t think that Asterisk will do anything to remove the hold on the line, as that hold is owned by the phone, not by Asterisk. If you use the Transfer application, which is not well tested, the phone might respond by removing the hold, but I don’ think there is any standard that requires that. In any case, I think you would need an attended transfers, and the standard Asterisk Transfer application doesn’t support those.

If you want to make this work, you need to configure a button on the phone to initiation a blind transfer to the Asterisk Park application, and treat that as your hold button.

[quote=“david55”]That is unlikely to work, as the hold is within the phone itself, not within Asterisk (although Asterisk should be aware of it).

If you do a normal Asterisk transfer or you use the Bridge application to pick up the held line, I don’t think that Asterisk will do anything to remove the hold on the line, as that hold is owned by the phone, not by Asterisk. If you use the Transfer application, which is not well tested, the phone might respond by removing the hold, but I don’ think there is any standard that requires that. In any case, I think you would need an attended transfers, and the standard Asterisk Transfer application doesn’t support those.

If you want to make this work, you need to configure a button on the phone to initiation a blind transfer to the Asterisk Park application, and treat that as your hold button.[/quote]

Just a quick question. Then if I used the phone and put it on hold, will I be able to pick it up with another phone without any asterisk modification?

I thought most phone systems used asterisk. The reason why is for example, in the pharmacy where i worked, there are 4 lines, I am not sure if it’s voip or digital line. there are severals phones, and each phone has to press a button on the phone to make a call outside. Local extension, dooesn’t need to pres a button before. I think it’s like pressing “9”, not sure.

However those lines can be picked up by any phone in the pharmacy, and there are more phones then lines. When there are incoming calls, it goes to first line, then 2nd, then 3rd then 4th. More than 4th line, it will go on queue, then it will ring on first available line.

Asterisk can do all this, except I haven’t tested it on the phone yet. only using SIP, so i wonder if things will change using the phone, almost done, only that “hold problem” still trying to find a fix (if it is a problem).

I was playing with call parking yesterday. I decided to put the timeout to 2 minutes, so I have time to walk around. However, there is a problem with this: call parking only works for inbound calls, doesn’t work for outgoing calls! Plus I need to press *2 then 70 , then hold, so not sure how I will configurate that on the phone device button.

What does blink transfert do more?

The business is a pharmacy like, very small, so it’s not a call center. It is a little bit ridiculous to keep walking around and must use that phone, to transfert to myself. But outgoing calls will be another problem as well.

So voip, is there a way to bypass this issue? by buying a phone with extra features?

Most PABXes don’t use Asterisk. Most PABXes don’t use SIP.

oh my.

I spend weeks to learn from 0 to z for PBX/Asterisk, and now I need to start over with PABXEs… I don’t even know what is that…

Are IP phones = SIP too?

I think Asterisk has so many features, why would someone use a pabxe?

Asterisk is a PABX. It has a large market, but is is not the only PABX.

PABX stands for Private Automatic Branch eXchange.

PBX stands for Private Branch eXchange, which includes plug and socket switchboards, as well as PABXes.

[quote=“david55”]Asterisk is a PABX. It has a large market, but is is not the only PABX.

PABX stands for Private Automatic Branch eXchange.

PBX stands for Private Branch eXchange, which includes plug and socket switchboards, as well as PABXes.[/quote]

Is freepbx asterisk and pbx in flash the same?

I mean neither of the 3 can “Resuming call on hold with another extension” , right?