[Resolved] ZAP/1 OK, but not registered?

Hello

After a long struggle i installed ZAP card - Motorola Wildcard X100P. zttool sees it’s status as OK.
But i can not use trunk ZAP/1 from asterisk. Here is some config:

pbx2 y1 # cat /etc/zaptel.conf |grep -v "^#"
loadzone = pl
defaultzone=pl
fxsks = 1

pbx2 y1 # cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf |grep -v “^#” | grep -v “^;”
[trunkgroups]
[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ls
rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
context=default
channel => 1

When i tried to dial using ZAP/1 i received:
Mar 23 14:12:53 WARNING[17939]: channel.c:2597 ast_request: No channel type registered for 'ZAP’
Mar 23 14:12:53 NOTICE[17939]: app_dial.c:1056 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘ZAP’ (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)

Why ? What’s wrong ?

Thanx

The easiest way i know how to test this and see if it works is to do the following:

manager.conf [located in /etc/asterisk directory] have this configured in there:

[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
;displayconnects = yes

[test]
secret=test
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

This will allow you to log in to the manager via a telnet session.

Next…

Telnet Session [This is where you telnet into the Asterisk AMI]

Go to root, then type the following in #telnet localhost 5038 [Then press enter] …Next…

logging into the Telnet Session [ You can just copy and paste i guess]

Action: Login
Username: test
Secret: test
Events: On

[Make sure you press the Enter key twice, it should then tell you i logged in successfully]

Next…

Verify your extensions.conf has this settings enabled [This is located near the top of the file]

[globals]
CONSOLE=Console/dsp ; Console interface for demo
;CONSOLE=Zap/1
;CONSOLE=Phone/phone0
IAXINFO=guest ; IAXtel username/password
;IAXINFO=myuser:mypass
TRUNK=Zap/G1 ; Trunk interface

Originate a call [This is where you tell asterisk where to make the call]
[[NOTE this is assuming you have set up the extensions.conf file properly which i guess we will find out]]

Action: Originate
Channel: Zap/1-1/[Enter your Number here you want to call]
Context: [What ever your context is in your extensions.conf file]
Exten: 60 [What ever you have setup in your extensions.conf file]
Priority: 1

End…

If you get a fail then either your extensions.conf or your sip.conf is not setup correctly or it could be both :wink:

I am getting you to do it this way so that way you can maybe teach yourself to better diagnose your system, you will soon find out that on these forums you will not be spoon feed unless there are people who are really bored at the time and have nothing better to do then to do the work for you, which i can tell you now that is not usually the case.

You need to make sure you sip.conf and your extensions.conf files are in order, but since your using ZAP then you have to make sure you dial plan is set out right, the information you gave does not indicate if it is or not.

Then you also have to make sure your zapata and zaptel files are properly configured as well, I,E do you have your D channels and or Channels set correctly? What happens when on the CLI [Note the Asterisk CLI but your root CLI] when you type ztcfg -vv? This should tell you if you have Zaptel/zapata setup correctly.

Do all these things first, then make sure you configured them all correctly use the voip-info wiki as there is plenty of information on there as well, you will probably find the answer quicker there then on here.

Give them a shot :wink: whilst my method is not perfect it has worked for me in the past diagnosing problems, and i have no doubt in my mind that some of the guru’s on here would come up with a better plan for you, but until someone does your going to have to work with my method :laughing:

Cheers,

David.

thanx, after a long debug i finally found a problem:
i did not compile asterisk with zap support (i used gentoo, i had to add USE flag zaptel).

Thanx!

Toooooooooooooo Easy i am glad you worked it out :wink:

Cheers,

David.