[resolved] Sending mail through MS Exchange

Hello,

I have recently set up an Asterisk server and wanted to e-mail people once they had a voicemail message. I set up voicemail.conf to work, but I had a huge problem. The day I started my server I was immediately blacklisted by a mayor provider here in the Netherlands.

Although I have been unable to trace it back to the server it is the only likely thing that could have caused us to be blacklisted, so I want to make sure it never happens again. However I am having an incredibly hard time getting the server to send the mails through an exchange account.

Anybody here have any idea on how I should configure voicemail.conf or sendmail?

Okay so I googled something and found out that EXIM was easier to use then sendmail, so I tried to install it. But I can’t figure out if I actually did install it, if it’s running at all let alone stand how to configure it…

Can anybody help me out here? Cause i’m stuck as hell.

if you’re just looking for an app to send email, maybe consider using sendEmail instead ? if you already have an MTA available on your network, running another is often not required.

No at least I don’t think so. What I want is Asterisk or CentOS whichever one is responsible for this to send their mail through an MS Exchange server (and adress) to the user that just recieved a voicemail.

i have clients who do exactly that. i’ve configured sendmail to send everything via their Exchange server, and the SMTP service to allow the Asterisk server to send to any address.

you could also look at the

mailcmd= option in voicemail.conf to specify an alternate smtp client.

edit : remembered seeing this too … forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=46072

[quote=“baconbuttie”]i have clients who do exactly that. i’ve configured sendmail to send everything via their Exchange server, and the SMTP service to allow the Asterisk server to send to any address.

you could also look at the

mailcmd= option in voicemail.conf to specify an alternate smtp client.

edit : remembered seeing this too … forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=46072[/quote]

Okay, thanks…

Anyways I am having a hard time figuring all of this out, could you perhaps give me a step by step instruction on how to do this? I would really appreciate it.

Nevermind already figured it out. For everybody interested this worked.