[resolved] no callerID from long-distance on TDM400p

[quote=“angler”][quote=“Quahtrader”]Hi, I’m having this exact same problem - very very intermittent callerid on incoming calls that produce those 3 NOTICE messages. Maybe 2% of my incoming calls DO NOT produce those messages and callerid ALWAYS works for those. Unlike you, I have not only get those messages on long distance calls.

Anyone out there that can explain what those messages are trying to tell us? I’d appreciate any direction![/quote]

Try the above about raising the ring debounce.[/quote]

Thanks angler for the reply and help…

I see the debounce is a parameter in zapata.conf - would setting this parm be the same as changing the source you mention above?

Also, as far as the zapata parms go for timing (including debounce) voip-info documentation on zapata.conf says that these parms are for T1 lines - I’m just wanting to verify that this effect POTS lines like mine.

Thanks again for your help - I do appreciate it.

[quote=“Quahtrader”]

I see the debounce is a parameter in zapata.conf - would setting this parm be the same as changing the source you mention above?

Also, as far as the zapata parms go for timing (including debounce) voip-info documentation on zapata.conf says that these parms are for T1 lines - I’m just wanting to verify that this effect POTS lines like mine.

Thanks again for your help - I do appreciate it.[/quote]

The “debounce” in zapata.conf is NOT the same, they are completely different. The timing params in zapata.conf are only for E&M T1 lines. They do not apply to POTS lines.

[quote=“angler”][quote=“Quahtrader”]

Thanks again for your help - I do appreciate it.[/quote]

The “debounce” in zapata.conf is NOT the same, they are completely different. The timing params in zapata.conf are only for E&M T1 lines. They do not apply to POTS lines.[/quote]

Okay, thanks! I’ll give this change a try tonight.

Oh, one other question - this issue is specific to zaptel - and not Digium cards, right? I’m actually using a Rhino RFx8 and not a TDM4xx. Thanks!

The code change I’m referring to is for the Digium TDM400P card. Rhino may use a very similar driver though.

One note for all, if you have distinctive ring enabled on the line from the telco it maybe messing up the CID. I believe in Asterisk 1.4 there is an option to handle this.

It has been a while, but I wanted to post a follow-up.

I rebuilt my server and installed both Asterisk and Zaptel from source (I had previously used the Ubuntu package). When I made the change suggested to:
#define DEFAULT_RING_DEBOUNCE 128, the callerID is coming through on all calls.

Thank you for all of your help!

J.