Remote Extension Calling through Trixbox

Hi, all.

Everything is working locally for my Trixbox 1.1.1. But when I’m remote from my Trixbox (at another network) and try to make a call through my Trixbox back at the office I can’t hear anything after the ringing. I register just fine and my X-Lite 3.0 dials the number and I hear the ringing. But when the other party answers I can’t hear anything after that.

I might not be giving enough information, but I’m not sure what else to provide. Thanks for any help.
alvin

post your sip.conf and what firewall rules/port forwards you have setup for SIP.

SIP is not firewall friendly you must forward the ports below (well you can change them) but stock installs work best … tweak later

Many time you will need to configure the firewall on both ends to get SIP to work…
Turn off SPI in your routers if they have them… I do not do SIP form the outside (for reason I hate using software which makes me DUMD down my network)

see the UDP NOT TCP the biggest gotta is folks made the rules and choose tcp not udp

UDP
SIP 5004-5082
RTP 10001-20000

IAX is much better than SIP (less bandwidth, easy to setup and only needs the one port forward)
IAX 4569