Registering peer - Timed out

Hello, i have a problem with my asterisk. When my internet is going down and up again, my peer want register himself back. When i change my ip of my Asterisk my peer is registered again to my provider…

chan_sip.c: Registration for ‘XXXXXXXXXX@XXXXX’ timed out

who can help me out?

Regards

Why has the IP address changed. No long running software works well when IP address handling is broken in that way!

hello David, thank you for the help. I was just testing when i change the asterisk to an other ip if it then works. And yes, my peer was registered again. when i turn it back to my old ip like 192.168.100.x my peer could not connect.

Maby nice to know… after a few days working on my new ip i changed it back to my old ip and yes my peer (Asterisk) was registered again with my provider.

still no solution for this problem.

Solution is very eazy - get a static IP from your ISP, so your public IP is not changing from time to time. This is the best cure for this problem.

hello Dejanst,

We have a static ip. im talking about the internal ip of my asterisk box. When i change the internal ip of my asterisk my peer got registered. After a few days i can set it back to the old interal one.

Regards

Why do you feel the need for changing the internal IP address of Asterisk?

To explain once more - Asterisk is designed to work on a STATIC IP ADDRESS. It works perfectly in that scenario. Setups that can’t fill this basic requirement, should use a different software.

[quote=“dejanst”]Why do you feel the need for changing the internal IP address of Asterisk?

To explain once more - Asterisk is designed to work on a STATIC IP ADDRESS. It works perfectly in that scenario. Setups that can’t fill this basic requirement, should use a different software.[/quote]

Yes i know, my asterisk has a static ip adress. But when my internet is going down and up my peer want register himself again to my provider. Just for test, i changed my internal ip of my Asterisk box and the peer got registered. I dont know why my peer want register himself on his old internal ip when the internet went down.

(after a few days i can use my old internal ip)

Regards

Still same problem… :cry: