Recording video, no such format

I’m using CyberMegaPhone 2k to connect with my Asterisk server, where I have a simple dialplan that answers the call and starts a recording.

exten => record,1,Answer()
same => n,Set(CALLFILENAME=${UNIQUEID}.wav)
same => n,Record(${CALLFILENAME},0,10)
same => n,Hangup()

I am given to understand that, if I record a wav file, and the video stream is present, the video stream will be recorded into a second file right alongside the wav.
When the dialplan reaches the record application, it gets the error: no such format vp9
It seems like a codec is missing, but when I run make menuselect, I don’t see any options for video codecs

-- Executing [record@cyber:2] Set("PJSIP/cyber-00000492", "CALLFILENAME=1613659778.3471.wav") in new stack
    -- Executing [record@cyber:3] Record("PJSIP/cyber-00000492", "1613659778.3471.wav,0,10") in new stack
    -- <PJSIP/cyber-00000492> Playing 'beep.slin' (language 'en')
       > 0x7ff13c0a6f70 -- Strict RTP switching to RTP target address 76.216.174.3:57613 as source
[Feb 18 09:49:39] WARNING[4914][C-000003f0]: file.c:1504 ast_writefile: No such format 'vp9'
[Feb 18 09:49:39] WARNING[4914][C-000003f0]: file.c:1504 ast_writefile: No such format 'vp9'

Asterisk does not support recording of vp8 or vp9.

I didn’t select vp9, Asterisk did

The negotiated codecs are based on the underlying configuration of the endpoint. In this case vp9 was negotiated, and Asterisk does not support recording vp9 video.

Can I transcode to a different video format?
Or, specify the negotiated video format?
Which video formats does Asterisk record?

Asterisk does not support transcoding of video. The only supported codec for video recording that is in common with WebRTC is h264. Codecs for negotiation are configured on the PJSIP endpoint using the “allow” setting.

I should state though that video recording and playback is not something anyone has worked on in considerable years and is not something anyone is actively working on now. There is no telling whether it will work or not for your usage.

Thanks, I was able to get a recording by configuring the end point.

Is there any intention to work on video recording?

I know of noone working on such a thing currently, and do not know of anyone planning on doing so.

It looks like the h264 file it creates isn’t much good.
Everything I try to open it with just errors

It is not held within a container, it is raw H.264 frames contained within it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.