Regarding CALL RECORDING

Hi,

Can any one tell me about the working of call recording in asterisk .And how to enable call recording.
please reply …

You can record the calls through the Dialplan as below

[your_context]
exten => _X.,1,AGI(call_log.agi)
exten => _X.,2,Set(START_TIME=${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S)})
exten => _X.,3,Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=${CALLERID(number)}-${START_TIME}-${EXTEN}-IN)
exten => _X.,4,MixMonitor(/var/spool/asterisk/sample/your_folder/${MONITOR_FILENAME}.wav)
exten => _X.,5,Queue(sample|nt|||20)
exten => _X.,6,Hangup()

You can also use Record application to do the same.

Thanks for u reply
whether I want to enable any thing like automixmon in configuration files…And one more thing whether asterisk 1.8 supports call recording . please reply

Asterisk 1.4 supports call recording.

For the level of hand holding you seem to need, please hire a consultant, Requests for consultants should be made in the Biz and Jobs forum.

Ofcourse 1.8 supports call recording. Use MixMonitor() for execute Recording for Dial(), For Queues you must set monitor-format for your queue or at general settings at queues.conf. (of course MixMonitor will be work, but the right way to use monitor-format).

At the post above is example how to change directory foe recording file for Queue(). Also There is an example how to set file name for recordiong file.

See documentation. It very simple to use.

Thanks for the reply .can u send the document regarding this call recording.

Use this
cdn.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf
Or this
wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … MixMonitor

And finaly at the cli use
Core show application MixMonitor

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your reply.Call recording is working fine .I can able to record the calls now but can any one tell how to identify incoming and outgoing call records .please reply

First you need to define what you mean by incoming and outgoing, then you need to look at the CDRs and/or channel or AMI events for the call.

Thanks for your reply.
for eg) Incoming -If we are calling from EXTENSION 3000 to EXTENSION 3001 by pressing *3 in extension 3001 the call gets recorded.
Outgoing - If we are calling from extension 3000 to extension 3001 the same we are pressing *3 in 3000 the call gets recorded.

Can any one tell whether we can able to see call forwarded list in CDR .

for eg) If I had forwarded the call from extension 3000 to 3001.So,when we call from the extension 3002 the call will automatically goes to 3001.

So in call detail record whether i can able to see all the three extension.so that I can check from which extension the call is forwarded.please reply

You can’t in the CDR without writing the userfield or accountcode fields and that need to do it by yourself. Use CEL instead.

Thanks for the reply.Can u please tell me how to use CEL in asterisk.

asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edit … 46945.html

Thanks for sending the link.We can see the Call deatil records(CDR) Inside cdr-custom folder like wise if i want to see call event logging (CEL) where i can get the details.please reply