README: Community Forum Login Change

In preparation for the eventual decommissioning of the current Asterisk project infrastructure I will be disconnecting the Asterisk community forums from the Crowd login system on April 8th.

This DOES NOT mean you are losing your forum account or your username. I have already enabled local login which allows you to login without using Crowd.

To allow local login for your account you will need to set a password. You can do so by choosing the “I forgot my password” link on the login screen and entering your username or email address. An email will be sent allowing you to set your password.

You will then be able to log in using your username and password without using Crowd going forward. Crowd login DOES remain available until April 8th, but I highly suggest switching to the local login method now.

For those who have been around a long time you may have experienced account issues where you lost your original forum account and username during the migration to Discourse. You can try using the same method to reclaim that username if you wish.

Unfortunately the Crowd plugin has no ability to be disabled so the removal of it has been moved to Monday as Discourse themselves have to do the work.