Rate of VOIP Number

Hello Pal

Please let me know the rate charge if i want to own a VOIP number provided by a certain VOIP provider so anyone can call my Asterisk anytime. Please inculde the name of provider.

at the moment, i have an account with VOIPJET and i can make outbound calls but voipjet can not assigned a number to my * server.

Thanks

there are a very large number of companies that do this, it is called a DID. Each DID is one phone number. Search the Wiki for voip providers (voip-info.org). If you only want the number you’d probably want the wholesale section.

off the top fo my head-
connect.voicepulse.com will do this, about $11/mo/number with unlimited incoming.

www.ipkall.com will do this for free, not as reliable as a real carrier though and I think they cut you off if you use too much.

ok thanks for immediate response
i believe this is what im looking for :smile:

i had visited www.ipkall.com and i had doubt if can use my IAX account from voipjet, can i use it?

No, but if you have a static IP or domain name for your * box you can send the SIP traffic directly to it.

if you fill in username/extension as 12345 and proxy as your IP, IPkall will sent the call to 12345@yourIP. In sip.conf enable guest access and set the context= in the general section to a context that has that exten in it (and not much else or random people can dial stuff!) and that will work fine.

yes we have static IP and that is being used by our firewall and my * box is located behind this firewall.
would it work if i do port forward 5060 and 5062 into my * from the firewall?

[quote=“kerberos”]yes we have static IP and that is being used by our firewall and my * box is located behind this firewall.
would it work if i do port forward 5060 and 5062 into my * from the firewall?[/quote]

If thats the only ports it needs then it would be as if the * had the static ip anyways, so yea it would work.

no you need udp port 5060 and the RTP range. The RTP range can be configured in rtp.conf, you only need a hundred or so ports (unless you have more than 50 or so concurrant calls), forward those ports UDP as well. Use high numbers (10000+).