Question about hint

grrrrr…
I’m using asterisk-1.4.21.1
This is my scenario:
I have one Linksys SPA942 in front office [Extension 221] with 4 LEDS
I have other SPA942 phone in my own office [Extension 222] with 4 LEDS
All is working fine but…
—The situation—
How to do when the person in front office answer a call, park it and then display me LED 1 [extension 222]in red
to i know that i have someone waiting for me in that extension and then when i press the red led, start to talk with the parked person?

Not sure about 1.4 but I am running a 1.6.1 system.

First, make sure you have the following in the general section of sip.conf:

allowsubscribe=yes limitonpeers=yes notifyringing=yes notifyhold=yes (hold notifications don’t seem to work on the SPA9x2/50x phones)

Then in the definition for each device, be sure include the following:

qualify=yes call-limit=100 (call-limit is arbitrary, I chose 100 to make sure I did not limit calls to the device)

Here is a simplified example of an extension in extensions.conf:

exten => 221,1,Dial(SIP/<device-id>,timeout,tT) exten => 221,n,VoiceMail(221@default,u) exten => 221,n,Hangup() exten => 221,hint,SIP/<device-id>
The key is the hint priority. I’ve had the best luck adding it after the Hangup() command.

That takes care of the Asterisk configuration.

Using the web configuration interface on the phone, log in as administrator and choose the advanced view (device-id/admin/advanced). Go to the phone tab and choose an unused line key. Set the following:

Extension: Disabled Share Call Appearance: private Extended Function: fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=221@<server-name>;nme=<extension-name>;vid=2 (**see note below) Short Name: text you want to appear in the display next to the button

In the Line Key Extended Function section, be sure to set the following:

Server Type: Asterisk SPA932 Call Pickup Code: *8 - or whatever you have set in features.conf

Explanation of the Extended Function Fields:
blf=busy lamp function
sd=speed dial
cp=call pickup

sd and cp are optional but I use them for all BLF buttons anyway.
sub=ext@server - subscribes to the hint for the device@server

nme=name that you want to show up when the button is pressed for speed dial

NOTE**: vid=x – By default the blf function is ‘wired’ to the first extension configured on the phone. If you have more than one extension, the vid keyword tells the phone which extension the subscribed extension can be reached on. This is especially useful if you have a single phone registered on two different servers.

There are other options that are explained in the Cisco manual but I can’t seem to find the URL. If you go to myciscocommunity.com and register (free) you can enter SPA942 in the search box and find the Administrator’s Manual.

Hope this helped.

I just re-read your post and it looks like you are asking how to do a blf for parking extensions as well.

In addition to the changes in my previous post:

In extensions.conf I added a context called [parkinglot].

[parkinglot] exten => 701,1,ParkedCall(701) exten => 701,hint,park:701@parkedcalls Be sure include parkinglot in the context your extensions normally dial from.

The Extended Function Field on the phone would then look like:

fnc=blf+sd;sub=701@<server-name>;nme=701

When the light is lit, there is a call parked there. You can now press the lit button to connect to the call.