Parking Hints not working on 9133i

Asterisk version 1.4.20
Zaptel 1.4.10.1
Freepbx 2.4.0

I’ve set up BLF Parking for my asterisk server but am not getting lit confirmation on the phone.

extensions_custom.conf
[from-internal-custom]
include => parkedcalls
exten => 701,hint,park:701@parkedcalls
exten => 702,hint,park:702@parkedcalls
exten => 703,hint,park:703@parkedcalls
exten => 704,hint,park:704@parkedcalls
exten => 705,hint,park:705@parkedcalls
exten => 706,hint,park:706@parkedcalls
exten => 707,hint,park:707@parkedcalls
exten => 708,hint,park:708@parkedcalls
exten => 709,hint,park:709@parkedcalls

From the Asterisk CLI> core show hints,
It is telling me that 701 is in use when I park myself, (actually Iit shows it twice
701@from-internal-custom: park:701@parkedcalls State:InUse Watchers 0
701@park-hints : park:701@parkedcalls State:InUse Watchers 0

looks like I might not even of had to add the extension_custom.conf settings but it can’t be hurting can it?
Watchers 0 concearns me… my phone is able to use the system and all… just not getting the blf hint and I get no visual cue (red light) on the phone!

aastra.cfg
prgkey1 type: blf
prgkey1 value: 701
prgkey1 line: 1

Am I missing something??
This is outrageous and I demand a refund! :smile:

I figured this out… I have to reboot my phones if I reboot the server or they don’t get the hints…

Anyone know a fix for this? They’re aastra phones, not sure if everyone has this issue or just me.

You wouldn’t really want to have a blf for each call park slot. Besides that phone couldn’t show you a blf for each slot because there aren’t enough blf lights.

You can setup an xml key for park menu and have a park menu button to see what calls are parked.

You definitely should NOT have to reboot the phone everytime you make a server change. Only changes that modify the phone configuration files require a phone restart (generally speaking, there are some other odd cases but not in your situation).

I’m just setting up BLF for the first 3 or 4 parks… my client is used to using a key system and the staff are older and stubborn and “can’t” bother to remember a 3 digit number like 701

This is a know issue with Asterisk. The reason is that Asterisk does not fully follow RFC 3261 - unless you run it in pedantic mode (put “pedantic=yes” in the [general] section of sip.conf).

Thanks very much, I’ll try that out, does pedantic=yes do anything else to the system that I should know?

I’m sorry to say I really don’t know. I did see some mention of a DOS attack issue but have not had time to review it to see if it is current or an old warning. Sorry.