Problem with file asterisk not configured

hi,

i have linux debian, i have installed asterisk with command apt-get, but i receved a error message:

Asterisk not yet configured. Edit /etc/default/asterisk first.

why? what i can make for configured.

thx

the error means, that the service asterisk cannot start, until you actually configure Asterisk.

normaly in the debian package (.deb) the configuration make by a program, but for this is not configured.

how can make for configure the file?

thx

Although a bit old this link will walk you in the installation of asterik 1.4

hope it helps.

astrecipes.net/?n=216

it was posted twice

The package installed correctly. You have to now put something in the config files to get asterisk to start. It cannot start until you actually put something in extensions.conf. Enter some sort of dialplan in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf and then run /etc/init.d/asterisk start

ok, i test to install asterisk by sourge…

with a command ./configure i receved an error:

configure: error: *** termcap support not found

what it is??

On www.asteriskguru.com you can find instructions about what packages to install needed to build libpri, zaptel and asterisk from source. It helps me a lot.

The original error is not that Asterisk did not install. The original error is telling you to actually configure a dialplan for asterisk then you can start it. Have you even configured anything in /etc/asterisk? The second error that you have gotten while trying to compile asterisk, you need to do sudo apt-get intall build-essentials asterisk, that will allow you to build asterisk from source.

Have you even configured anything in /etc/asterisk? no i not have configured because
I do not know like making, for configured.

i install with command: apt-get install asterisk compiled program (in the root console) the program apt install but make me this error : Asterisk not yet configured. Edit /etc/default/asterisk first.

i test to install asterisk by source with apt-get source -b but i have this error:

gpg: can’t open `/gnupg/options.skel’: No such file or directory
gpg: Signature made mer 22 ago 2007 22:23:59 CEST using DSA key ID C5E95333
gpg: Can’t check signature: public key not found
dpkg-source: extracting asterisk in asterisk-1.2.13~dfsg
dpkg-source: unpacking asterisk_1.2.13~dfsg.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: applying ./asterisk_1.2.13~dfsg-2etch1.diff.gz
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is asterisk
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 1:1.2.13~dfsg-2etch1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Faidon Liambotis paravoid@debian.org
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 1.2.13~dfsg-2etch1
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 4.0.4) libreadline5-dev libgsm1-dev libzap-dev libtonezone-dev (>= 1:1.2.3-1) libasound2-dev libpq-dev unixodbc-dev libpri-dev (>= 1.2.3-1) dpatch (>= 2.0.10) zaptel-source (>= 1:1.2.3-1) autotools-dev libsqlite-dev libspeex-dev graphviz libcurl3-dev doxygen libpopt-dev libopenh323-dev (>= 1.17.4-1) libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libsqlite3-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)
Comando di costruzione ‘cd asterisk-1.2.13~dfsg && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc’ fallito.

i have downloaded source asterisk by digium, i downloaded the library indicate in your link,

bison
ncurses-dev
libssl-dev
libnewt-dev
zlib1g-dev
initrd-tools
cvs
procps

continued…

with command ./configure

he don’t find all component a small exemple :

checking for openssl/ssl.h… yes
checking for OSPPCryptoDecrypt in -losptk… no
checking for tds_version in -ltds… no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap… yes
checking for tgetent in -ltinfo… no
checking for tone_zone_find in -ltonezone… no
checking for vorbis_info_init in -lvorbis… no
checking for vpb_open in -lvpb… no
checking for compress in -lz… yes
checking zlib.h usability… yes
checking zlib.h presence… yes
checking for zlib.h… yes
checking for ZT_DIAL_OP_CANCEL in zaptel/zaptel.h… no
checking h323.h usability… no
checking h323.h presence… no
checking for h323.h… no
checking linux/compiler.h usability… yes
checking linux/compiler.h presence… yes
checking for linux/compiler.h… yes
checking for linux/ixjuser.h… yes
checking for gtk-config… no
checking for pkg-config… no
checking for curl-config… no

but the result is :

configure: Package configured for:
configure: OS type : linux-gnu
configure: Host CPU : i686

with make:

Asterisk Build Complete

with make install

make[1]: Nothing to be done for all'. make[1]: Nothing to be done forall’.
make[1]: Nothing to be done for all'. if [ x/usr/bin/id -un= xroot ]; then CFLAGS="-pipe -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g3 -include /home/shiangun/asterisk -1.4.11/include/asterisk/autoconfig.h -march=i686 " sh build_tools/mkpkgconfig / usr/lib/pkgconfig; fi mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/static-http mkdir: impossibile creare la directory/var/lib/asterisk’: Permission denied
make: *** [datafiles] Error 1

why?

help plz.

thx

You should do the make install as root.

type su on the linux prompt
enter root password
do the make install

You could also login as root

If you already tried it as root then there is another problem.

I have told you, that error you recieved is because Asterisk is installed but not setup. YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPILE ASTERISK. Try this at the command prompt, “su apt-get install asterisk” if it says nothing to do because asterisk is already installed. Then it is installed and you will have to create a dialplan. I take it this is your first time installing and setting up asterisk. I recomend reading this
asteriskdocs.org/modules/tin … .php?id=11
It is a very good resource to get started with asterisk. You can also use these forums. They are wonderful too. Also one thing you should do if you do not believe what I say. Copy that error you recieved in the first post and paste it into a google search and you will see that you need to configure

wiki.ubuntu.com/AsteriskOnUbuntu
is a good way to start as well, it will help you

i have a another problem, i don’t can login root with my machine, and i don’t can open /etc/my name/asterisk because don’t have a permission.

i can only open with root shell but its not too much sample…

asteriskdocs.org/modules/tin … .php?id=11 you are sure, this site probablity is shotdown, or is too much fast… you have a another link thx??

with command make install by root console asterisk is install and run ( my machine is connect with asterisk with a command asterisk -r )

but the sample not run with a command make sample, why?

how start the grafic interface of asterisk??

thx