PROB web GUI UPGRADE

i can’t access to web gui because systeme can’t upgrade web gui
this is error message:
Executing [executecommand@asterisk_guitools:2] Hangup(“Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-000002ea;2”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (asterisk_guitools, executecommand, 2) exited non-zero on ‘Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-000002ea;2’

The Asterisk project no longer has its own web GUI, and hasn’t had one for many years. If you are using the old Asterisk GUI, it has no upgrade path.

There are various GUIs, and the company that developed FreePBX took over the company that developed Asterisk, but has a different forum for that. However, this doesn’t look like code from FreePBX, to me.

Continuing the discussion from PROB web GUI UPGRADE:

I USE THE LAST VERSION OF ASTERISK

As David pointed, there is no more web GUI for asterisk. Which asterisk version are you running ?

THE LAST VERSION asterisk-20.1.0
asterisk-20-current.tar.gz

Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Your configuration will now be upgraded to work with the latest version of GUI.
An automatic backup of your old configuration is available from the backups panel.

We are running the same version, also from tar.gz, and there is no web GUI. The sentence you gave, which command did you run to get it ?

cd /usr/src
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk-gui/trunk asterisk-gui

cd /usr/src
cd asterisk-gui
./configure
make
make install
cd /usr/src
cd asterisk-20.1.0
make samples
cp -r /etc/asterisk /etc/asterisk.backup
nano /etc/asterisk/http.conf
nano /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/spool/asterisk /var/run/asterisk /etc/asterisk /var/{lib,log,spool}/asterisk /usr/lib/asterisk
systemctl start asterisk
asterisk -rvvv
reload
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I USE VM MACHINE

Did you read the README ?

Copyright (C) 2006-2010 Digium, Inc.

That’s what David pointed, dead application.

Copyright 2006-2011 Digium, Inc. Digium and Asterisk are registered trademarks of Digium, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Legal Information
GUI-version : SVN–r5219

That GUI is a dead project. It is no more. It won’t work with recent versions.

thanks for your support, but what’s the solution, because this the first time that i use asterisk.

You can either not use a GUI, or use something like FreePBX[1].

[1] https://www.freepbx.org

the same issue if i use Ubuntu version 16.
thanks

I’m referring to a GUI for configuring Asterisk. Not a desktop environment.

sorry but i want to understand, because my friend use the same version it work.

thanks for your support.

You could reproduce the needed functionality in the dialplan. Just increment a variable mod the number of trunks, and jump to that number. There use the trunk number matching the result of the above.

You can make it fancier with the trunk number as part of the name (or the label to jump to)…but fairly simple in dialplan. I would not move to a new GUI if that’s all you need.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.