Predictive Dialing

[quote=“09kevin77”]My predicament is this:

We are setting up an Asterisk box to become a predictive dialer for an outgoing call centre. So far so good. The little snag we are running into is we want the asterisk box to differenciate between a person picking up the phone and a recording. For example the infamous “Your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the numebr and dial again. This is a recording.”. If this pickes up then we would like to have the dialer know that this is not a client and disconnect the call.

Any ideas on how to approach this? Any links or documentation would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kevin 8)[/quote]

This is a VERY simplistic approach to the predictive dialer idea, however it seems to work decently.
I start by transferring answered calls to a PHP-AGI script that will loop the record command with a 1 second max silence detection. By comparing the time you started the record command to the time you finished the record command you will have the seconds of recorded audio (+ 1 additional second for the silence detection)

Now if the callee said something like “Hello” or any other traditional greeting, the difference in those times should be between 1 and 4 seconds long, if the recorded time is greater than 4 seconds, I assume that the number dialed is playing a pre-recorded message and I add it back to the dial queue up to 3 more times.