Post initialisation scripts

Hi Folks,
is there any way to get asterisk to run something after it has initialised all it’s modules?
I need to make some external devices dial in as soon as asterisk is up and ready to receive calls over SIP and have no way of programming them to dial continuously. I can make them dial via a script and their http interfaces. I just need to know how to fire the script.

Cheers,
Robin.

I think you can make startup script, and after start of Asterisk, sleep few sec, then place couple of call files. This way you will get dial immediately after Asterisk started.

Good idea! Thanks I’ll try that, should do the trick.

I’m still curious about how to get asterisk to run dialplan stuff on startup though, is there any way of triggering events on startup without outside intervention like callfiles? … sort of the asterisk equivalent of the startup group in windows explorer if you know what I mean :smile:

Cheers,
Robin.

You dont need to go to Windows - Linux also has lot of ugly staff - last my problems were to remove unwanted applications / services from start - it was really hard task, cleaning of /etc/rcX was not enough.
Any way - I think there is nothing similar. But there is of course more tricks - you can create your own module, which will be loaded last, and do what you want, or you can start along with asterisk AMI script (asterisk manager interface) which will place calls similar way as call files…