Playback through zap channel

Hi

I have a fxo gateway through which am able to make outgoing calls. But iam not able to playback an audio file after the called party answers the call. My dialplan is
exten => _X.,1,Dial(zap/1/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Playback(xxx)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

iam not able to get into the palyback application in the dialplan. After zap channel answering the call the remaining dialplan are not been executed. How can i solve this.

You need to say why you are doing this. It is not the normal way of calling someone to play a message.

You should look at call files, the Originate AMI command, and the goto, subroutined and macro options of the Dial application.

Your dialplan will play the message to the caller, but only if the Dial fails.

Hi
Thanks for your reply. So how can i playback any audio files through fxo channel. When i pass call through a fxo port to any outside number, the fxo channel first answers the call and then the fxo calls the number. So after fxo answered the calls there is no communication between fxo and asterisk. So am not able to execute the remaining dialplan. So whatever i wrote below ‘exten => _X.,1,Dial(zap/1/${EXTEN})’ are not executed.

Thanks for any reply

You haven’t said what you are really trying to do. Of course there is a risk that I might loose sympathy with the application, but you do seem to be doing something very strange, whereas I suspect you are actually trying to do something quite common.

I’ve already hinted at the features that might be appropriate, depending on what you are trying to do.

For an application like this is likely to be, you would find life a lot easier with answer supervision, but even without it, I wouldn’t expect an FXO channel to answer before it finishes dialing. At the very least you need some sort of wait for silence.

Hi david,
I did’nt get what exactly you mean. I am working on a voicebroadcast system using vicidial. My intention is to send prerecorded voice messages to our clients through our fxo gateway. Can you make it clean how i can to that.

I’m not familiar with vicdial. Normally, with Asterisk, you would use call files for this sort of application.

I suggest you need to read Asterisk: The Future of Telephony, which should still be available as a free PDF download.

There is also a jobs forum, if you would like to pay someone to set up your system.