PJSIP TLS Failing to initialise

I am attempting to setup a couple of new Asterisk instances on AWS and am having massive problems with 1 server and TLS.

Background…
Asterisk version: 16.22.0

Whenever I attempt to initialise the TLS configuration with the TLS transport specified, I get the below error message…

[May 17 11:40:26] ERROR[31549]: res_pjsip/config_transport.c:656 transport_apply: Transport: transport-tls: PJSIP has not been compiled with TLS transport support, ensure OpenSSL development packages are installed.

Before compiled Asterisk, I ran the script (install_prereq) to install dependencies and then compiled and installed normally, with the --with-jannson-bundled flag specified.

All aspects of asterisk work fine (UDP etc.) but TLS just simply fails to initialise with the above error.

Are there any particular dependencies that are required for PJSIP TLS to function that may have been missed, as that is the only thing I can think of which may be causing this?

Check if openssl is working with ‘openssl version’ in a terminal.

Thanks for the response.

It certainly seems to be…

sudo openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.1n  15 Mar 2022

Any other ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.