Phones not ring inside a queue

Hi,
I’m new in this comunity, I have this problem, I have a simple queue with three it telephones connected (Budge-Tone 100) and succeeds that on ten entering calls 1 ring while others… does not telephone remains dumb. I have made of the tests obviously… and have uncovered that the call executes all correctly the operations and in the CLI the message comes that nobody of telephones of the tail is answering….while the voice of the Miss who prays of attends for being puttinges in contact with un’ operator works perfectly. Al moment I am temporary obviating to the problem usingn the 3 telephones in a ring-group rather than in a queue, could go equally well if it were not that when call there’isnt music than attended… I have made of the several sip shows peers and it telephones are correctly registered . The currently installed version of asterisk is 1.4.19.1. It arranges Operating CentoS 5.2

Some configurations

Extensions.conf

[from-pstn]

exten => _XXXXXXXX,1,GotoIfTime(00:00-8:59|mon-fri||?chiusura,s,1)
exten => _XXXXXXXX,n,GotoIfTime(9:00-12:30|mon-fri||?help-menu,s,1)
exten => _XXXXXXXX,n,GotoIfTime(12:31-13:29|mon-fri||?chiusura,s,1)
exten => _XXXXXXXX,n,GotoIfTime(13:30-18:00|mon-fri||?help-menu,s,1)
exten => _XXXXXXXX,n,GotoIfTime(18:01-23:59|mon-fri||?chiusura,s,1)
exten => _XXXXXXXX,n(chiusura),PlayBack(chiusura.mp3)
exten => _XXXXXXXX,n,Hangup

[help-menu]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Queue(helpdesk)
exten => s,n,HangUp()

Queues.conf

[helpdesk]
autopause=yes
wrapuptime=5
timeout=10
strategy=hunt
retry=5
queue-youarenext=
queue-thereare=
queue-thankyou=queue-thankyou
queue-callswaiting=
music=Helpdesk
monitor-join=yes
monitor-format=
member => Agent/886
member => Agent/887
maxlen=4
leavewhenempty=no
joinempty=yes
context=from-pstn
announce-holdtime=no

sip.conf

[886]
callerid=886
canreinvite=Yes
context=from-internal
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=dynamic
insecure=Yes
language=it
mailbox=211
nat=Yes
qualify=yes
;secret=1234
type=friend
username=886
disallow = all
allow = alaw
allow = ulaw
allow = gsm
registrar=

[887]
callerid=887
canreinvite=Yes
context=from-internal
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=dynamic
insecure=Yes
language=it
mailbox=211
nat=Yes
qualify=yes
secret=1234
type=friend
username=887
disallow = all
allow = alaw
allow = ulaw
allow = gsm
registrar=

[888]
callerid=888
canreinvite=Yes
context=from-internal
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=dynamic
insecure=Yes
language=it
mailbox=211
nat=Yes
qualify=yes
;secret=1234
type=friend
username=888
disallow = all
allow = alaw
allow = ulaw
allow = gsm
registrar=

Hi

This looks like the common mistake many people make when setting up a queue, and that is not to add the line autofill=yes to the queue entry

also your stratgy is wrong

[quote] strategy

Asterisk can use six strategies to distribute calls to agents:

ringall
The queue rings every available agent and connects the call to whichever agent answers first (this is the default).

roundrobin (deprecated)
The queue cycles through the agents until it finds one who is available to take the call. roundrobin does not take into account the workload of the agents. Also, because roundrobin always starts with the first agent in the queue, this strategy is suitable only in an environment where you want your higher-ranked agents to handle all calls unless they are busy, in which case the lower-ranked agents may get a call.

leastrecent
The call is presented to the agent who has not been presented a call for the longest period of time.

fewestcalls
The call is presented to the agent who has received the least amount of calls. This strategy does not take into account the actual agent workloads; it considers only the number of calls they have taken (for example, an agent who has had 3 calls that each lasted for 10 minutes will be preferred over an agent who has had 5 calls each lasting 2 minutes).

random
As its name suggests, the random strategy chooses an agent at random. In a small call center, this strategy may prove to be the most fair.

rrmemory
The queue cycles through the list of queue members, keeping track of which member last received a call. The next time a call needs to be distributed, Asterisk will continue from this point in the list of queue members. (This strategy is known as round-robin memory). This ensures that call presentation cycles through the agents as fairly as possible.[/quote]

Ian

many many thank’s…modify the parameters and try…write you soon…

perfect… now work fine…many many thanks…

nooo…after 1 day of good work the problem is present again…

I’ve discovered that if I make a “restart now” from CLI the queue work fine…but after some call the problem return !!!

Uff…What can I do?

You need to do some digging , what does show queues have to say about the status of the extensions. etc

This is the CLI message during call

– Accepting call from ‘187564160’ to ‘1872877888’ on channel 0/8, span
– Executing [1872877888@from-pstn:1] GotoIfTime(“Zap/8-1”, “00:00-8:59|mon-fri||?chiusura|s|1”) in new stack
– Executing [1872877888@from-pstn:2] GotoIfTime(“Zap/8-1”, “9:00-12:30|mon-fri||?help-menu|s|1”) in new stack
– Executing [1872877888@from-pstn:3] GotoIfTime(“Zap/8-1”, “12:31-13:29|mon-fri||?chiusura|s|1”) in new stack
– Executing [1872877888@from-pstn:4] GotoIfTime(“Zap/8-1”, “13:30-18:00|mon-fri||?help-menu|s|1”) in new stack
– Goto (help-menu,s,1)
– Executing [s@help-menu:1] Answer(“Zap/8-1”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [s@help-menu:2] Queue(“Zap/8-1”, “helpdesk”) in new stack
– Started music on hold, class ‘Helpdesk’, on Zap/8-1
– Channel 0/4, span 1 got hangup, cause 16
– Stopped music on hold on Zap/4-1

phones non ring

Hi

What I mean is “show queue helpdesk” for example and “show hints”

Ian

hi…

thisi is the massage about “show queue hekdesk”

show queue helpdesk
helpdesk has 0 calls (max 4) in ‘rrmemory’ strategy (1s holdtime), W:0, C:1, A:4, SL:0.0% within 0s
Members: I>
Agent/887 (paused) (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 88710 secs ago)
Agent/886 (paused) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
No Callers

and this about show hints/core show hints

There are no registered dialplan hints
The ‘show hints’ command is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use ‘core show hints’ instead.

Any Ideas?

nothing?

help…please :smile:

Could you quote the exact message. There are two similar messages, one of which means something rather unusual has happened.

This is the common one:

This is the one that indicates an unusual case:

Hi

Sorry been busy on work,

[quote]Agent/887 (paused) (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 88710 secs ago)
Agent/886 (paused) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet[/quote]

The reason you are getting no calls is that the agents are paused.

try adding

autopause=no

to your queues.conf

also in your agents.conf check what

autologoff= is set to

Ian

many thanks…I try…

In agents.conf autologoff was disactive…

thank’s

Your problem is autopause or the agenstare pausing themselves or you have set an VERY large wrapuptime

Ian