Phone line text label

Hello!

With Cisco IP phones you can configure a line text label, what means in the phone screen apprears some text describing the configured line; for example: 2122 John Doe.

How can i configure this in Asterisk? I am using a SIP phone.

Thanks.

You can do this in almost all the existing IP phones in the market today. Question what SIP phone are you using ?

Linksys SPA942.

Do you mean, I have to configure this in the Phone or in the PBX? I think it should be in the PBX.

Labels are setup generally on the phone it self.

Do you mean, in SIP world?

Imagine you have to deploy 1000 phones. Are you going to configure the line label logging in the 1000 phones via web?

This is supossed to be done in the PBX. At least, with Cisco IP phones you do it in the Call Manager software.

it depends what info do you want to show in the Label. Based on my experience there is not need to configure nothing on the phones for show extensions # and device name on the IP phones. But it is subjected to the phone model.

Do you mean, in SIP world?

Imagine you have to deploy 1000 phones. Are you going to configure the line label logging in the 1000 phones via web?

This is supossed to be done in the PBX. At least, with Cisco IP phones you do it in the Call Manager software.[/quote]
I guess what you want is the auto-provision method. So refer to the admin manual of the phone to know how to deploy that. Most phones can pull the configuration from TFTP Server. But you need to create first the peers in asterisk then in the config files of the phones.

OK, thanks.