Parking in a specific position

Hello experts,

In Asterisk features.conf, I have configured *7 to be the one step parking extension and it’s working well.

Calls are being parked in position 701 in general, and sometimes in 702 or 703 depending on the busy state of 701.

Is it possible to force parking of calls in specific locations depending on a dialplan variable?

In other words, I have Asterisk connected to eight analog trunks through TDM800, and in dahdi-channels.conf, I have used setvar=LINENO=1 for DAHDI channel 1, so I need incoming calls through channel1 to be parked exclusivley in position 701, and channel2 in 702…

core show application Park

(Certainly true for 1.6.1.0.)

Sure I have checked this before posting here. It doesn’t answer my question.

If that variable doesn’t work, I don’t believe the code would look at another variable.

If it doesn’t work it will because the check is bypassed when the parking logic is entered via the special feature sequence.

Dear David,

Would you please clarify your post?? I can’t understand what do you mean. Did you read my original post?

[quote]Hello experts,

In Asterisk features.conf, I have configured *7 to be the one step parking extension and it’s working well.

Calls are being parked in position 701 in general, and sometimes in 702 or 703 depending on the busy state of 701.

Is it possible to force parking of calls in specific locations depending on a dialplan variable?

In other words, I have Asterisk connected to eight analog trunks through TDM800, and in dahdi-channels.conf, I have used setvar=LINENO=1 for DAHDI channel 1, so I need incoming calls through channel1 to be parked exclusivley in position 701, and channel2 in 702…[/quote]

Yes, if you use the Park application. The name of the variable is given in the help for that application. Probably if you use *7, or whatever you have set in features.conf. If that works, the variable will be the same as that used with the Park application.

I believe I did read your question.