Paging may be broken with Asterisk 1.2.11-netsec

We updated a system from the 1.2.10 to 1.2.11. Now when we go to page our paging zones, the voice does not go through, only the paging tone goes through. Voice path only will not pass to the paging device. We are using the polycom IP 501 as our paging device. We downgraded back to the 1.2.10 to solve the problem. Has anyone else noticed this?

any fix other than stepping backwards ?

I’m using 1.2.11 and everything work fine. I’m using about 25 polycom phones as my intercom device.

here’s what i had done on the polycom’s based on our consultants direction …

[color=red]
[i]The following addition to sip-extended.cfg:

Will add the Auto Answer to the Polycom, assuming you already have the following line in you sip.cfg:

<AUTO_ANSWER se.rt.3.name=“Auto Answer” se.rt.3.type=“answer”></AUTO_ANSWER>

Which should be there by default.

IF however this is the mode you want your Polycom to respond to the page function, then you would actually want to modify the first line to look like this:

The reason for this is that the freepbx page module will put in a ?Ring Answer? ALERT_INFO header and the above line tells the phone what to do when it sees that header. In this case it tells it to use a voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class=“3” which is defined in the sip.cfg file as the AUTO_ANSWER functionality (se.rt.3.name).[/i][/color]

here’s what i had done on the polycom’s based on our consultants direction …

[color=red]
[i]The following addition to sip-extended.cfg:

Will add the Auto Answer to the Polycom, assuming you already have the following line in you sip.cfg:

IF however this is the mode you want your Polycom to respond to the page function, then you would actually want to modify the first line to look like this:

The reason for this is that the freepbx page module will put in a ?Ring Answer? ALERT_INFO header and the above line tells the phone what to do when it sees that header. In this case it tells it to use a voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class=“3” which is defined in the sip.cfg file as the AUTO_ANSWER functionality (se.rt.3.name).[/i][/color]

here is what i had tried based on direction from our consultant on the matter …

"The following addition to sip-extended.cfg:

The reason for this is that the freepbx page module will put in a ?Ring Answer? ALERT_INFO header and the above line tells the phone what to do when it sees that header. In this case it tells it to use a voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class=“3” which is defined in the sip.cfg file as the AUTO_ANSWER functionality (se.rt.3.name)."