Other Person Cant Hear Me

Hi guys

Im using analog cards to make outside calls.

Whenever I call someone they complain they almost cant hear me, because my volume is too low. I can hear them very well though.

My question is: should I adjust txgain or rxgain in zapata.conf?

I have checked the semantics of both terms but I still dont know which one I should change to have effect in how other people hear me…

Your reply or comment will be very appreciated! :smile:

Regards

We found that we had to crank both the txgain AND rxgain up to 11.0 to get a reasonable volume out of it. Seems very excessive and does make it sensitive to noise, but it’s the only way I’ve found to get decent volume out of the Digium POTS card that we have.

Thank you DoxBrian.

I have increased both as much as possible, so long as to avoid echo.

rxgain=3.0
txgain=2.0

These are the new values.

Less people is complaining now, but yesterday I was told by the person I was talking on the phone that the volume got lower all of the sudden.

On the beginning of the call she could hear me very well, but suddenly the volume got a lot lower and she could barely hear me.

I could still hear her voice very well though.

What’s wrong now? What could be causing this volume variation during a call?

Other thing is I have FXS and FXO modules. And when I increase rxgain and txgain I also increase the volume FXS receives and it’s already enough, don’t wanna increase it even more.

So is it possible to increase only the volume the other person will hear while keeping the volume on my FXS extensions?

Joseph

[quote=“joseph.obama”]On the beginning of the call she could hear me very well, but suddenly the volume got a lot lower and she could barely hear me.

I could still hear her voice very well though.

What’s wrong now? What could be causing this volume variation during a call?
[/quote]

I don’t know, we’ve never experienced that problem.