Adjust gain on outbound Zap connection?

I’ve found that the volume of the Digium board we have is very low. Our incoming line requires rxgain and txgain settings of 11.0 (in zapata.conf) in order to get reasonable volume. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a way to set that for outbound calls (that don’t go through a zapata.conf profile).

Any ideas?

Hi DoxBrian,

For pure VOIP calls the volume is set by the ‘end points’. Which basically means if the remote caller is quiet to you, or they hear you quiet, one or both of you need to adjust the volume on your handset and or mic gain where available.

cheers,

seabro.

It’s not pure VoIP. It’s a softphone to the Asterisk server, which then calls out on a Digium 2400 (over POTS).

Incoming calls, setting rxgain/txgain in the zapata.conf gives the intended results. What I’m looking for is a way to do the same thing on outbound calls.

Sorry DoxBrian, I was under the impression RX/TX gain settings affected all calls in or out that used ZAP technology.

However, I definately could be wrong. I am sure someone will be along shortly with the facts.

[quote=“seabro”]Sorry DoxBrian, I was under the impression RX/TX gain settings affected all calls in or out that used ZAP technology.

However, I definately could be wrong. I am sure someone will be along shortly with the facts.[/quote]

That was my thought initially too, but it doesn’t seem to work that way. I figured that when rxgain/txgain was set on a channel that it would “stick”. However, in practice it appears to be set on a per call basis as the call flows through the system. Outbound calls don’t flow through that particular label (since it’s declared for incoming calls).

I hope you get what I mean, I’m having a hard time putting my thinking on the process down into words! :smile: